New TAB Resources for FCC EEO Compliance, Recruitingposted on 9.19.2022
The first of two webinars designed to help stations achieve their recruiting goals while also complying with the FCC’s EEO recruitment regulations launches today for TAB member stations, with the second program slated for Sept. 28 – the same day FCC regulatory fees are due.
The programs are being led by Broadcast1Source, TAB’s longtime partner in helping stations track their recruitment efforts for compliance with FCC rules. Advance registration is required.
“The Great Re-Imagination,” today’s offering, provides actionable insights on:
- FCC requirements to achieve Prong 1 - Broad Outreach
- Effective marketing that utilizes Broad Outreach to diversify your candidate pool
- Creating more impactful job profiles and descriptions that drive interest and applications
- Competitive compensation offers that win candidates
- Developing a strong social media strategy for Broad Outreach that drives candidate applications
The “Planning for Tomorrow, Today” program on Sept. 28 program addresses:
- Developing recruitment events that meet the FCC's requirements
- Identifying long-term hiring needs to focus your recruitment pipeline
- Developing a strategy on how to identify potential new hires
- Quantify how to assess and improve your talent pool
- Successful strategies to establish contact with new prospects
FCC Regulatory Fees Due Sept. 28
Commercial stations’ 2022 FCC annual regulatory fees must be paid by 11PM Central Time on Sept. 28. For the second year in a row, TAB succeeded in reducing the proposed fee hikes – this time by about 50%.
But our FCC legal counsel warns that the process for paying the fees is difficult and complicated.
Do NOT delay in filing.
And while non-commercial licensees don’t pay these fees, there’s plenty of trouble lurking in the FCC databases that could spell trouble in future filings if stations don’t pay attention now.
Questions? Contact TAB’s Oscar Rodriguez or call (512) 322-9944.
« Back to Latest News