Elections Underway for Seven TAB Board of Directors Seatsposted on 6.28.2022
- Ballots Due July 25, Two Contests Already Settled
Voting is underway for TAB’s Board of Directors elections with final ballots due back to TAB no later than July 25. The elections determine about one-fourth of the directors who will represent in the coming year Radio and TV stations in various market sizes across the state, as well as educators, Associates and retired/pioneer members. The top two nominees in each race qualified for the ballot.
Ballot emails were sent to all member station GMs, Associates and Golden Mic Club members on June 28. To cast a vote, members just need to reply to that email no later than July 25. Only one vote may be cast per license or firm.
Election results will be announced at TAB’s Annual Business Meeting during the 2022 TAB Show Aug. 3-4 at the JW Marriott in Downtown Austin. The FCC’s new Media Bureau Chief, Holly Saurer, will keynote that event in a conversation with Past TAB Chairman Ben Downs.
Slate of Officers
Officers typically advance one seat each year, creating a vacancy in the Secretary seat. The slate of officers recommended by the Nominating Committee includes:
- Chair – Paul Gleiser, Gleiser Communications Tyler
- Vice Chair – Amy Villarreal, KEYE-TV Austin
- Treasurer – John Moesch, West Texas Radio Odessa-Midland
- Secretary – Luis Villarreal, KGNS-TV Laredo
- Past Chairman – Mark Masepohl, Univision Dallas-Fort Worth
Led by TAB Chair Mark Masepohl, the Nominating Committee was comprised of recent past TAB Chairs representing each station market category, including:
- Large Market Radio – Sarah Frazier, Audacy Houston
- Medium Market Radio – Mary Mike Hatcher, Bryan Broadcasting
- Small Market Radio – Chris Paddie, KMHT AM-FM Marshall
- Large Market TV – Roger Bare, KIAH-TV Houston (retired)
- Other Market TV – Gayle Kiger, KCEN-TV Waco-Temple-Bryan
Open Seats, Two Decided
Two open seats were resolved in the nominations process. Ben Downs with Bryan Broadcasting won re-election to the Medium Market Radio seat. Mary Mike Hatcher, also with Bryan Broadcasting, won re-election to the Golden Mic Club seat.
Contested races remaining include:
- Tami Honesty, Radio One Dallas-Fort Worth
- Keith Lawless, Cox Media Group Houston
- Steve Eberhart, KGAF AM/FM Gainesville
- Chad Lindsey, KFYN AM/FM & KLOW-FM Bonham
- Mike Lewis, KTBC/FOX 7 Austin
- Chris Morris, Univision Media San Antonio
- David Candelaria, KTSM El Paso
- Josh Young, KWTX/KNCT Waco-Temple-Bryan
- Linda Guerrero-Deicla, KSCC/KXPX/KTOV Corpus Christi
- Brandy Sanchez, KAMR/KCIT/KCPN Amarillo
- Don Dunlap, KEDT-TV/FM, KVRT-FM Corpus Christi
- Jeff Rosenberg, KPAC/KSTX/KTXI/KTPR/KVHL/KCTI/KTPD San Antonio
- Carey Martin, Texas Farm Bureau
- Perry Priestley, Elenos/BE
About the TAB Board of Directors
The Board meets four times per year, typically in person at the TAB building in Austin. While meetings since March 2020 have been held electronically because of the pandemic, the Board resumes in-person meetings beginning in September. Committees usually meet electronically.
Board members are responsible for advising TAB staff on member services and legislative policy, providing fiduciary oversight for the organization and assisting with all major organizational efforts, including the NCSA/PEP program, membership recruitment and the Annual Convention.
Board members are not compensated or reimbursed for traveling to Board meetings, nor do they receive complimentary admission to TAB events.
« Back to Latest News