TAB Board Election Season Opens with Call for Nominationsposted on 6.13.2022
- Due June 20, Radio/TV Seats by Market Size
The TAB Board of Directors election season opened last week with an emailed call for nominations due June 20 for 10 seats representing Radio and TV stations in various market sizes, as well as non-commercial, Associate, Golden Mic Club and education members.
The top two nominees in each category will be listed on ballots to be emailed on June 24.
One officer and one director currently serving have reached their term limits, including:
- Past Chairman Mark Krieschen, Cox Media Group Houston (retired)
- Large Market TV Director Eric Lassberg, KXAN-TV Austin
The remaining nine directors eligible for re-election include:
- Large Market Radio: Tami Honesty, Radio One Dallas-Fort Worth
- Medium Market Radio: Ben Downs, Bryan Broadcasting Bryan-College Station
- Small Market Radio: Steve Eberhart, KGAF AM/FM Gainesville
- Other Market TV: David Candelaria, KTSM El Paso
- At-Large TV: Brandy Sanchez, KAMR/KCIT/KCPN Amarillo
- Non-Commercial: Don Dunlap, KEDT FM/TV Corpus Christi
- Golden Mic Club: Mary Mike Hatcher, Bryan Broadcasting Bryan-College Station
- Associate: Perry Priestley, Elenos/BE
- Educators: Tony DeMars, Texas A&M Commerce
The elections process is conducted electronically with the most recent call for nominations having been emailed to members June 9 and reminders slated before the June 20 deadline.
Members can weigh in only on the seats representing their market or membership categories.
Only one person per membership may participate in the nominating process.
Final ballots listing the top two nominees will be distributed June 24.
Results will be announced at the Annual Business Meeting during the TAB Show Aug. 3-4 in Austin. The FCC’s new Media Bureau Chief, Holly Saurer, is the keynote guest for that event.
Apportionment, Term Limits
Board seats are apportioned according to medium type and market size. Commercial TV stations have three seats each for the four largest markets and the remaining markets, plus three seats selected from the TV membership at-large. Commercial Radio stations have four seats each for large, medium and small markets as defined in the TAB Bylaws.
Additional seats up for election represent non-commercial stations, Associate members, Golden Mic Club members (retired/pioneer), and educators.
Directors may serve up to two consecutive three-year terms. If appointed to fill a vacancy with an unexpired term, they may serve out that term before running for the seat. The term limit clock starts ticking when they win the seat in their own right.
Current officers and directors whose terms continue past this year are not eligible for nomination and are not listed on the nomination form.
The Board meets four times per year, typically in person at the TAB building in Austin. Committees usually meet electronically.
Board members are responsible for advising TAB staff on member services and legislative policy, providing fiduciary oversight for the organization, and assisting with all major organizational efforts, including the Public Education Partnership program, membership recruitment and the Annual Convention.
Board members are not compensated or reimbursed for traveling to Board meetings, nor do they receive complimentary admission to TAB events.
« Back to Latest News