FCC releases spectrum auction application, opening bid pricesposted on 10.20.2015
The FCC has released the next major item in the incentive spectrum auction proceeding, the “Application Procedures PN”. This 230-page document provides additional detail concerning the information that broadcasters will need to include in their applications, as well as important upcoming dates. Key highlights as summarized by NAB are provided below and opening bid prices are available here.
- November 17, 2015 – Pre-Auction Process Tutorial Available
- December 1, 2015 – Application Filing Window Opens
- December 18, 2015 – Application Filing Window Closes
- February 29, 2016 – Bidding and Post-Auction Process Tutorial Available
- Mar?ch 29, 2016 – Initial Commitment Deadline
Within three-to-four weeks after the initial commitment deadline in March, the FCC will announce the initial clearing target and band plan for the first stage of the auction. After that, the FCC will provide specific dates for any planned mock auctions and when bidding in the clock rounds of the reverse auction will begin.
The FCC should be releasing specific instructions for the application form in the near future. These applications must be filed electronically. Some important notes:
- Applications must identify at least one, and a maximum of three, individuals authorized to place bids in the auction.
- Applications must also identify one or more bid options that the applicant wishes to be eligible to consider for each station that will participate in the auction. This does not represent a commitment to bid on any of those options – that commitment will be made by March 29, 2016.
- Applications must disclose information on the ownership structure of the applicant, including both direct and indirect ownership interests of 10 percent or more.
- Channel sharing applicants will be required to make additional certifications and, if they wish to take advantage of the exception to the prohibited communications (anti-collusion) rule, must submit a copy of an executed channel sharing agreement with the application.
Questions? Contact TAB's Oscar Rodriguez or call (512) 322-9944.
« Back to Latest News