2018 EAS Required Monthly Test schedule now availableposted on 11.13.2017
The 2018 schedule for Required Monthly Tests of the Emergency Alert System is now available.
- Schedule set annually by Texas’ two EAS RMT originating stations: WBAP-AM Dallas-Fort Worth and KTRH-AM Houston
- The EAS originating PEP stations send the RMT on the Tuesday of the first full week of each month (Texas State EAS Plan, page 20)
- Other EAS regions receive the RMT via either a daisy chain broadcast station relay or by the Texas State Networks’ satellite dissemination
- If the RMT falls on a holiday, the test will take place on the following Wednesday (Texas State EAS Plan, page 20)
- The RMT occurs either during the daytime or nighttime for even or odd months (47 CFR 11.61 - Tests of EAS Procedures).
- If a station doesn’t receive the RMT, the FCC requires the station to make “a good faith effort” to determine why it was not received
- It is sufficient to make an inquiry to one of the two local primary stations assigned to a particular EAS region and note the results of that inquiry in the station’s EAS log
« Back to Latest News