Texas broadcasting’s top awards open for nominationsposted on 1.18.2017
The Texas broadcast industry's top awards for individual leadership are now open for nominations. TAB will honor the recipients at the Awards Gala, Aug. 10, the official conclusion of TAB’s Annual Convention and Trade Show in Austin.
Nominations are due April 3.
- Pioneer of the Year: 25+ years in broadcasting; substantial portion of career in Texas; extensive public service; historical developments; significant industry advances; active participation in TAB
- Broadcaster of the Year: full-time station employee or owner; station must be TAB member; emphasis on achievements in the past year; example to others in broadcasting
- George Marti Award for Engineering Excellence: Individual's excellence and innovation in broadcast engineering for a Texas radio and/or television station; Development of new technology, leadership in education, and contributions to broadcast engineering technical standards
- Associate of the Year: Employee or owner at TAB Associate Member company; Helps broadcasters further industry goals
- Steve Pieringer Award: Outstanding valor in news coverage; Exemplary display of news reporting; Going “above and beyond” normal call of duty; Award only presented if the review committee feels a nomination has merit
The list of past recipients reads like a who’s who of Texas broadcasting and grows more auspicious every year.
Nominations are highly competitive and should include expansive and detailed presentations for why the nominee should be honored by TAB. Career accomplishments, industry advancements, community leadership and TAB involvement are among the key considerations for the judging process.
Questions? Contact TAB's Beth Bobbitt or call (512) 322-9944.
« Back to Latest News