TAB Board Elections underway – Vote now!posted on 6.29.2015
Elections are underway to fill nine seats on the TAB Board of Directors and approve a slate of officers for the coming year. The elections once again are being conducted electronically. Ballots have been emailed to members and reply emails with votes are due no later than July 28.
TAB members elect the broadcasters whom represent their particular market size or membership class, with at least one seat coming up for election each year. Only one person may cast votes for a station or station cluster.
The TAB Board meets four times per year, all in person at the Ann Arnold Center in Austin. Board members are responsible for advising TAB staff on member services and legislative policy, providing fiduciary oversight for the organization and assisting with all major organizational efforts, including the NCSA program and membership recruitment.
Board members are not compensated or reimbursed for traveling to Board meetings, nor do they receive complimentary admission to TAB events.
Proposed Slate of Officers
The TAB bylaws require the current chairman to appoint and preside over a nominating committee to recommend a slate of officers for the coming year. The TAB Nominating Committee is comprised of broadcasters representing each market category. This year, the committee included Brian Jones (TV Large Market), Mike Lee (TV Other Market), John Barger (Radio Large Market), Mary Mike Hatcher (Radio Medium Market) and Jerry Hanszen (Radio Small Market).
With Chairman Chris Paddie presiding, the committee met June 22 and unanimously recommended the following slate for consideration:
- Chairman – Roger Bare, KIAH-TV Houston
- Vice Chairman – Ben Downs, Bryan Broadcasting
- Treasurer – Julie Pruett, Nexstar Broadcasting Group
- Secretary – Sarah Frazier, CBS Radio Houston
The top two nominees in each category make the final ballot, except in cases of ties or where nominees declined their nomination. The following members have been nominated for a director’s seat.
Large Market Radio
- Ben Reed, KCYY/KKYX/KTKX/KONO/KISS/KSMG San Antonio
Medium Market Radio
- John Moesch, KHKX/KMCM/KQRX Odessa-Midland (incumbent)
- Robin Smith, KAZE/KBLZ/KAPW Tyler
Small Market Radio
- Robert Endsley, KQDR-FM Savoy
- Craig “Moose” Morgan, KRVA/KETE Sulphur Springs
- Ken Roberts, KBEC-FM Waxahachie
Large Market TV
- JD Huey, KUBE Houston
- Jerry Martin, KPRC Houston (incumbent)
Other Market TV
- Dan Jackson, KCBD Lubbock
- Terry Elena Ordaz, KLDO/KETF/KXOF Laredo
- Mark Masepohl, KUVN/KSTR Dallas-Fort Worth
- Jerrod Knight, KETR-FM Commerce
- Max Rudolph, KNCT-TV Waco-Temple-Bryan (incumbent)
- Ryan Schuh, KDRP-LPFM Dripping Springs
Golden Mic Club (Pioneer/Retired)
- Benny Springer, Longview (incumbent)
- Mike Wenglar, Austin
- Lance Parr, Lanco Technical Services
- Tony Fasola, Entertainment Studios
Election results will be announced at the Business Meeting during the TAB Annual Convention in Austin on Aug. 5-6. Register
« Back to Latest News