Stellar Turnout, Rave Reviews for 2022 TAB Showposted on 8.08.2022
- Seven Leaders Honored; Nine Board Directors Selected
Texas broadcasters from across the state convened in Austin for the 2022 TAB Show last week in near record numbers, filling most meeting rooms and the 115-booth trade show to capacity, while also celebrating the achievements of seven individual leaders and 15 Radio and TV stations for their extraordinary accomplishments and community service.
The event showcased 37 speakers in 26 programs over a day and a half, with content intended to help stations grow revenue, master cost-saving new technologies, safeguard their operations and personnel, and equip teams with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed.
The programs complemented the trade show which featured the industry’s top technology and service providers serving Radio and TV stations across the state, providing an opportunity to get up close and personal with new gear that is rare among jam-packed national shows.
Award-Winning Stations and Leaders
As announced in June, seven Texas broadcasters received the industry’s highest honors at the closing Awards Gala co-sponsored by Gray Television and the Jackson Walker law firm.
At the Leadership Breakfast, presented in partnership with the Texas Army National Guard, 15 Radio and TV stations were recognized for their leadership in serving their local communities and in supporting TAB’s Public Education Partnership campaigns.
Bonner McLane Public Service Awards, named for TAB’s first executive director who passed away in 1987 after 20 years of service went to:
- KHOU-TV Houston
- KBTX-TV Bryan-College Station
- KLST/KSAN-TV San Angelo
- KCBI-FM Dallas Fort Worth
- Bryan Broadcasting Bryan-College Station
- Ranch Radio Group Kerrville
Nine stations were honored TAB’s Lone Star Leader Awards for their record support, either in airtime value or number of spots, contributed to TAB’s Public Education Partnership campaigns, including:
- KNVA/KBVO-TV Austin
- KRHD-TV Bryan-College Station
- KXOF-TV Laredo
- KAVU-TV Victoria
- KZMJ-FM Dallas-Fort Worth
- KLTN-FM Houston
- KRWR-FM Tyler-Longview
- KAGC-AM Bryan-College Station
- KABW-FM Abilene
Board Elections Results
Newly-elected TAB Chairman Paul Gleiser, owner/operator of ATW Media in Tyler, announced the results of the 2022 Board of Directors elections which concluded on July 25:
Slate of Officers
- Chair – Paul Gleiser, ATW Media Tyler
- Vice Chair – Amy Villarreal, KEYE-TV Austin (Sinclair)
- Treasurer – John Moesch, West Texas Radio Odessa-Midland
- Secretary – Luis Villarreal, KGNS-TV Laredo (Gray)
- Past Chairman – Mark Masepohl, TelevisaUnivision Media Dallas-Fort Worth
- Large TV – Chris Morris, Univision Media San Antonio
- Other TV – Josh Young, KWTX/KNCT-TV Waco
- At-Large TV – Brandy Sanchez, KAMR/KCIT/KCPN Amarillo
- Large Radio – Tami Honesty, Radio One Dallas-Fort Worth
- Medium Radio – Ben Downs, Bryan Broadcasting
- Small Radio – Steve Eberhart, KGAF AM-FM Gainesville
- Non-Commercial – Jeff Rosenberg, Texas Public Radio
- Associate – Carey Martin, Texas Farm Bureau Waco
- Golden Mic Club (Retired/Pioneer) – Mary Mike Hatcher
2023 Dates Set
The TAB Show returns to the JW Marriott in Downtown Austin next year on Aug. 2-3.
Program planning starts this fall with the opening of exhibits and sponsorship sales to be announced soon.
« Back to Latest News