Fletcher Heald Hildreth Offers Free Aug. 22 Must Carry/Retransmission Consent Webinarposted on 8.04.2017
TAB Associate Member law firm Fletcher Heald and Hildreth will offer a free webinar this month to review Must-Carry/Retransmission Consent issues in advance of an upcoming deadline.
All full power TV stations must decide by Oct. 1 between must-carry or retransmission consent for the next three years.
Fletcher Heald Hildreth’s www.CommLawBlog.com notes that the webinar seeks to arm broadcasters with information they will need in making this critical decision.
“Whether you are seeking must-carry rights to ensure that your station’s programming is seen by all viewers or a retransmission consent agreement to provide a vital revenue stream, this webinar will be must-see viewing for all TV broadcasters given the stakes involved,” said Fletcher Heald and Hildreth’s Harry Cole.
Click here to register today for this informative FREE webinar.
The 75 minute webinar takes place on Tuesday, Aug. 22 at 1pm CDT and will cover such topics as:
- What should you consider before electing must-carry or retransmission consent?
- What has changed in the three years since elections were last made?
- What issues typically arise in retransmission consent negotiations?
- What are the FCC’s “good faith” negotiation rules?
- What changes may be coming to the program carriage marketplace that could affect retransmission consent negotiations?
Fletcher, Heald and Hildreth attorneys will explain the rights and obligations of broadcasters and cable and satellite operators under the FCC’s rules, as well as review potential pitfalls and hidden concerns regarding carriage.
Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions during the presentation.
As an added bonus, the session will also have a look at the future of carriage and program distribution.
Questions? Contact TAB's Michael Schneider or call (512) 322-9944.
« Back to Latest News