Ends: 10.11.2018 at 4:00 pm
TAB Webinar: The Power of Critical Thinking to Fight Fake News
Prensenter: The Poynter Institute’s Al Tompkins
Date: Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018
Time: 1-4 PM Central (2 PM Eastern; 12 noon Mountain; 11 AM Pacific)
Cost: FREE to TAB Members
The three-hour webinar will teach journalists critical thinking strategies for defending themselves against accusations of fake news, such as:
- The four key questions to ask to evaluate information
- How to detect fake documents, photos and social media posts
- Fighting unintended bias in the words and images we choose
- How fakers generate credible content
- The surprising truth about "crisis actors" and "fake flag" attacks
- The dark web and online back alleys where fakers fake
All newsroom staff can benefit from this online presentation.
FREE to TAB Station Members!
*Note - Program archive will ONLY be available to those who register.
Contact TAB's Michael Schneider for registration instructions.
« Back to News & Events Main