Ends: 10.21.2021 at 12:00 PM
Newsroom Webinar: Storytelling Part 1
Topic: Powerful Storytelling (Parts 1 & 2)
Date/Time: Thursday, October 21| 11 AM CENTRAL
Presenter: Al Tompkins,The Poynter Institute
Connecting with an audience is key to any newsroom’s success in the marketplace of journalism.
Memorable storytelling, no matter what the platform, all starts with the basic story and builds from there using engaging writing, creative video and alluring natural sound.
This two-part series focuses on making your storytelling more powerful by using specific techniques to craft stories that captivate audiences.
- Finding and developing compelling characters
- Finding sharp story focus
- What goes where in the story and why
- How to make words and video work seamless together even when you have limited video
- How to spot soundbites that deeply connect with viewers
Note: Part 2 is set for Thursday, Nov. 4 at 11 AM CENTRAL.
Note: this webinar will be archived and available one week after the live event:
« Back to News & Events Main