Ends: 7.28.2020 at 11:00 am
Leading a Local Newsroom Through Uncertain Times-Parts 1 and 2
Audience: Perfect for local broadcast news directors (Radio/TV), assistant news directors, executive producers or producers who are growing into leadership and management roles.
Session #1 - July 27
- What leaders need to know about how to manage stress and trauma in their newsroom
- How to communicate with your staff and send the right signals to your boss(es)
Session #2 - July 28
- How to lead Gen X, Gen Z, Millennials and Baby Boomers all in the same newsroom
- How to coach others to higher performance
- How to have tough conversations that produce results
Registration Steps Below:
- Click here and select “Add to Cart”
- Disregard $500 cost - This training is free to TAB members.
- Enter Coupon Code: 20-SBA-TX-100 (not case sensitive) and select “Continue to Payment”
- Complete “Billing details” and select “Place order”
- Check your email for your confirmation.
About the Instructor
Al Tompkins is one of America's most requested broadcast journalism and multimedia teachers and coaches. After nearly 30 years working as a reporter, photojournalist, producer, investigative reporter, head of special investigations and News Director, Tompkins joined Poynter. He is the author of "Aim for the Heart" a textbook about multimedia storytelling that has been adopted by more than 100 universities worldwide. Tompkins has taught in 49 states, Canada, Egypt, Denmark, South Africa, Iceland and the Caymans.
Note: this webinar will be archived and available one week after the live event:
- TAB Members will need to login to view the archive page.
- Forgot your password? Reset it here.
- Don't have an account? Create one now!
Questions? Contact TAB or call (512) 322-9944.
« Back to News & Events Main