Ends: 8.02.2023 at 3:00 PM
Chief Operator for Radio Course
Date/Time: Wednesday, August 2 | 9 AM-3 PM
Location: JW Marriott Downtown Austin
Instructors: Gil Garcia, CPBEL-SBE, Steve Hasskamp
- Attendees must purchase a TAB2023 Convention Registratoin Package and add the Course
- Course Cost: $75/person (early); $125/person (late)
- Max Class Size: 30 students
The course provides basic knowledge and understanding of responsibilities essential to maintain a station’s day-to-day operations as a Chief Operator.
The Society of Broadcast Engineers’ study guide is the foundation of this instruction.
Classroom instruction is supplemented with content and videos developed specifically for these courses by broadcast engineers throughout Texas.
An open book exam will be given at the end of the six-hour course. The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions and two essay questions. A passing grade of 70 is required. Each participant will receive notification of their results a week after the exam.
With a passing grade, the applicant can receive a TAB certificate of certification as a Chief Operator for Radio.
However, they first must meet one of the following additional requirements:
- Provide SBE Certification as a Radio Operator
- Have a related SBE Certificate in Radio broadcasting such as Broadcast Technologist, Broadcast Engineer, Senior Broadcast Engineer or Professional Broadcast Engineer
- Prove three years of continuous, full-time service at a Radio station (Required: two letters of recommendation. One letter of endorsement from a GM or Owner of a Radio station verifying years of employment and documenting the applicant has a good understanding of the operation of a Radio station. Second recommendation letter from an additional broadcaster who has knowledge of the applicant's experience.)
Contact TAB's Jennifer Isenberg.
« Back to News & Events Main