Public Service Questionnaire
Each year, TAB documents the value of our broadcasters’ public service to local communities in our advocacy before policymakers in Austin and Washington, DC.
We appreciate your time spent completing the questionnaire and want to help facilitate the process by providing a quick step-by-step of the information you will need in order to do so. With this information, the form should take less than 5 minutes to complete.
Your responses should include information for ALL of your local community service projects, not just your support for TAB’s NCSA/PEP campaigns.
Before you begin, note that a separate form must be filled out for each station and the deadline for completing the survey is Wed., Jan. 3.
Questions? Contact TAB's Barbara Rodgers or call (512) 322-9944.
Basic station and contact Information
Information for either Section A OR Section B
- Section A – The total dollar value of public service airtime that ran in 2017 (approximate)
- Section B – The number of spots and their values aired on a typical day. These numbers will be based on various dayparts and spot lengths:
- Dayparts: 5AM-Noon, Noon-6PM, 6PM-Midnight, Midnight-5AM
- Spot Lengths: ID or :10-:20, :30, :60
- Dollar Values: Per spot length and daypart (approximate)
Hurricane Recovery Efforts in 2017:
- Amount of airtime devoted to hurricane coverage (# minutes of news coverage and # PSAs aired)
- $ value of time devoted to hurricane(s) and related recovery efforts (approximate)
- $ value of cash or other donations raised by your station (approximate)
Station Contributions by Range of Contributions’ Value or Total Estimated Amount
- $ amount raised for charities other than hurricane-related efforts (approximate)
- $ value of airtime and production costs for long-form public service programming (approximate)