Public Service Ascertainment
Each year, TAB documents the value of our broadcasters’ public service to local communities in our advocacy before policymakers in Austin and Washington, DC.
Your responses should include information for ALL of your local community service projects, not just your support for TAB’s PEP campaigns.
Before you begin, note that a separate form must be filled out for each station and the deadline for completing the survey is Friday, January 10
Questions? Contact TAB's Barbara Rodgers or call (512) 322-9944.
Basic station and contact Information
Information for either Section A OR Section B
- Section A – The total dollar value of public service airtime that ran in 2019 (approximate)
- Section B – The number of spots and their values aired on a typical day. These numbers will be based on various dayparts and spot lengths:
- Dayparts: 5AM-Noon, Noon-6PM, 6PM-Midnight, Midnight-5AM
- Spot Lengths: ID or :10-:20, :30, :60
- Dollar Values: Per spot length and daypart (approximate)
Station Contributions by Range of Contributions’ Value or Total Estimated Amount
- $ amount raised for charities (approximate)
- $ value of airtime and production costs for long-form public service programming (approximate)
Please identify a particular investigative report, charitable cause or community project your station or cluster undertook during 2019 to address a community need or concern and describe its success or impact on your community.
You may attach a PDF encompassing your answer.
Note that this example may be highlighted in our report to lawmakers, unlike the data requested above which will only be presented in aggregate form on behalf of all Texas stations.