Weekend Anchor / MMJKLST / KSAN
Location: San Angelo, TX
Contact Name: Nexstar Media Group
Position/Title: Weekend Anchor/MMJ
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing! If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
KLST/KSAN is looking for its next great multimedia journalist and anchor. This position is for someone who wants to grow and wants to do it all.
The Weekend Anchor/MMJ produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms (including TV, internet, mobile, etc.) in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
• Three (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Contact: Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar/job/TX-San-Angelo/Reporter-I--News-Anchor_REQ-16106
Job Req #: REQ 16106