Reporter - AnchorKYLE / KWKT-TV
Location: Waco-Killeen-Bryan-College Station, TX
Contact Name: Nexstar Media Group
FOX44 is looking for an Anchor/Reporter who wants to become part of the Waco/Temple/Killeen community. We are looking for a communicator, not a reader. Successful candidates will have anchoring and reporting experience. As one of the faces of the station, the Anchor/Reporter’s responsibilities will include, among other things, being a newsroom leader, helping producers and reporters, making public appearances, and pitching story ideas.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 8/23/2021
Closing Date: 9/23/2021
City: Waco - 76712
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in producing, writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field Anchor/Reporter as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum five years' experience in news reporting or anchoring.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen, fully understand problems, communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record. Flexibility to work any shift.
Please send resume, references, salary requirements, and DVDs or links to:
Dean L. Wetherbee, News Director, KWKT-TV, 8803 Woodway Dr., Woodway, TX, 76712, firstname.lastname@example.org, & apply online at nexstar.tv/careers. No phone calls please. EOE
Contact: Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar