Radio Engineer - Entercom Radio DallasKRLD-AM
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact Name: Karen Luong
Phone: (214) 525-7086
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain integrity of on-air product for 100% reliability of on-air product when assigned; occasional nights, weekends and available 24/7 in response to emergency issues as assigned.
• Maintain, troubleshoot & repair an entire broadcast technical plant, equipment and systems as related to Broadcasting Studios, AM, FM and C-Band Uplink facilities.
• Install technical equipment & systems at studios and transmitter sites in keeping with good engineering practices.
• Requires excellent documentation and reporting of wiring and equipment changes at the studio and transmitter sites.
• Assist in planning & development of all aspects of AM & FM radio technical facilities, satellite up-linking, IP Networks, STL, TSL, including telephone and two-way systems.
• Support station & field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio & field efforts involving complex technical operations.
• Create instructional materials and train others on proper operation of new technical equipment.
• Some supervisorial duties will be required.
• Maintain and Review weekly transmitter and studio logs for correct and complete entries as required by the F.C.C.
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned
Report to: Director of Engineering
5 years’ experience in broadcast facilities with minimum 2 years Associates degree in electronics or 10 years’ hands-on maintenance experience with AM, FM Radio or Television facilities. Knowledge of basic IP Networking, Satellite up-linking facilities, XDS-ATX/PICO hardware and software, WideOrbit for Radio and Traffic Automation systems, digital audio, logic techniques, and basic programming highly desirable. SBE Certification preferred. Valid state driver’s license for operation of company vehicles is required. Personal vehicle is required for 24hr response for emergencies. Excellent customer service skills are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.