Production DirectorCox Media Group
Location: Houston, TX
Contact Name: Linda Lynn
Cox Media Group-Houston and its three radio stations: KGLK, The Eagle – “Houston’s Classic Hits, KKBQ, “The New 93Q Country”, and KTHT, “Country Legends”, and Local Solutions, a Cox Media Group vibrant digital agency is hiring for a full-time Production Director.
- In charge of the recording, editing, assembly and final distribution of commercial content for 4 radio stations. Director must be able to work with sales and traffic to assure commercials are in and ready to play on a tight daily, sometimes hourly basis.
- Director must be capable of writing and editing copy as needed and to be able to direct talent to deliver professional reads of copy.
- Director must be able to trouble shoot typical equipment failures and if possible, remedy problem. Oversee the use of software and equipment in production studios and work with engineering to troubleshoot problems and train others to use.
- Director’s ability to interface with various departments is to successful campaigns.
- Knowledge of legal aspects of comm. production including copyright laws, TAB and FCC requirements
- Advanced computer knowledge. Familiarity with PC helpful. Baic knowledge of networking capabilities within a cluster setting.
- Expert level knowledge of Digital Audio Workstations – ProTools, vCreative, Wide Orbit, Sony Sound Forge.
- Advanced knowledge of audio principles including signal path, compression and limiting principles, effects applications and broadcast requirements.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills plus a good working knowledge of the English language. (Diction, spelling and vocabulary) Copywriting and editing experience.
- Ability to translate thoughts and ideas into coherent, effective and entertaining radio commercials, promos and bits.
- Ability to work closely with sales, promotions and programming departments to realize stations objectives.
- Ability to work long hours, sometimes in moderately loud conditions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet hard deadlines
- Professional voice-over experience as well as ability to coach and develop other voice talent
For more information about Cox Media Group and to apply for this position, please check us out online at https://jobs.coxmediagroup.com/ Job Number 1712037
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we thank you for your interest.