Production Assistant - 13003KBMT / KJAC-TV / KUIL
Location: Beaumont, TX
Contact Name: Tegna Inc.
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: Production Assistant-13003
Primary Industry: Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Manage Others: No
12News, the TEGNA ABC/NBC affiliate in Beaumont, TX is looking for a Production Assistant. The person filling this role is responsible for working behind the scenes during live newscast production, running the audio, camera, and teleprompter systems. The Production Assistant works closely with directors and producers to create fast-paced, dynamic, compelling and clean newscasts. 12News produces nearly 6 hours of live local content each day, and our Production Assistants are key to making our shows the best they can be. We are seeking an individual who can handle a fast-paced environment, and the ideal candidate will bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
• Run audio during newscasts using a Wheatstone audio mixer and Soundplant for music.
• Control 6 studio cameras remotely using a camera control pad during shows
• Work with director to identify and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
• Maintain studio operations and tidiness (lights, sets, etc.)
• Produce graphics for newscasts using GIMP/Photoshop and edit topical promos and other content in Edius.
• Ingest commercial spots into playback server for broadcast.
• Other broadcast production duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 5/27/2022
Closing Date: 9/23/2022
• Experience with an audio mixer and non-linear/photo editing software are a plus.
• Ability to adapt and quickly pivot on the fly for breaking news and unexpected events.
• Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with producers and directors.
• Bachelor’s degree in TV production or related preferred.
• Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. May require mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays (Schedule is TBD).
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JffRFJWO