Producer - 015185KENS-TV
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact Name: Tegna Inc.
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: Producer - 015185
KENS-TV serving San Antonio and surrounding communities is looking for an experienced newscast producer.
As a news producer, you will collaborate with news managers, directors, reporters and anchors on the overall content and flow of our news broadcasts. The best candidate will work great in a team and excel under newscast deadline pressure.
The Producer will primarily focus on originating and producing daily stories for on-air broadcasts. This position will work with all newsroom staff to develop content that showcases the news of the day and delivers interesting and engaging content to the public.
Our producers are more than show stackers – they are seeking out and producing engaging and impactful content. They also have a strong knowledge of digital storytelling. The ideal candidate is an energetic, passionate storyteller and communicator, who excels at planning, researching, and writing segments/stories. The producer must have a strong understanding of AP Style writing, broadcast production techniques, and the ability to multi-task in a faced-paced environment.
The producer must be creative, have a strong editorial voice and the interpersonal skills to collaborate with others to ensure newscast are executed clearly on air, are relevant to current events and meet audience preferences. This role will skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover, write, edit, and produce content for the newscast.
• Create, write, and edit content for newscasts.
• Work with other show producers, on-air talent, and news management, to create new content and showcase content in unique ways.
• Work with digital team to highlight digital content on air, making sure this content is being properly showcased inside all newscasts.
• Look for opportunities to create original content.
• Work with reporters and anchors and MSJ’s to enhance their daily stories with graphics and production techniques that will help tell the story in more visual and compelling way.
• Collaborate with the newsroom managers on developing news stories and planning; pitch and write/produce stories on-air news coverage and online platforms.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 1/10/2024
Closing Date: 7/8/2024
City: San Antonio
Experience: 3-5 years
• Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS preferred
• Utilize AP style, as well as best web-production practices and story packaging
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JwRHqeLu