President & General Manager, KBMT/KJACKBMT/KJAC-TV/KUIL
Location: Beaumont, TX
Contact Name: Janessa Weatherly
KBMT/KJAC-TV, the TEGNA-owned ABC/NBC affiliate in the Beaumont, TX market (#140), is searching for a top performing strategic leader to serve as President & General Manager. Our media center delivers multi-platform content and offers multi-platform advertising and marketing solutions, guided by an unwavering commitment to make our community a better place to live. As the leader of this community force, the President & General Manager will be responsible for initiating and implementing a cohesive vision for the media center and driving innovation to ensure that our performance is both editorially sharp and economically sound. Intelligence, the ability to communicate clearly and simply, as well as relevant experience, will be key criteria in selecting the successful candidate. Success in this position depends on the ability to bring out the best in others. This position reports to the Vice President of Media Operations.
- Responsible for overall success of the media center, with full accountability for content, sales, brand and operations
- Develops short, intermediate and long-range revenue and audience strategies to grow market share and engagement across platforms
- Designs and delivers programming that drives ratings and revenue growth strategies to maximize profit opportunities with the core business and new media business
- Works directly with the sales organization and clients to provide successful customer solutions
- Develops and manages the annual budgets, including accurate forecasting
- Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution capabilities
- Provides leadership in the community and builds relationships with advertisers, viewers and customers
- Develops skills of direct reports; builds a cohesive and accountable team
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business or related field and strong performance in a senior management position with a multimedia company for 7+ years; ideal candidate has a demonstrated strong background in media content, sales, and/or marketing
- Proven track record of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement
- Demonstrated mastery of planning, prioritizing and achieving financial and strategic objectives
- Top-notch critical thinking skills and data-driven decision-making capability
- Immersed in digital strategies and regularly engages with digital products
- Risk-taking, continuous improvement mentality; strives for new ways to win audience and grow business
- Experience building high-performing & diverse teams, developing staff, and fostering a culture of care & excellence
- Effective communicator and inclusive leader who listens well, takes input from all levels, and creates a shared vision
- Excellent judgment, role model, and community leader
- Understanding of the ever-changing landscape of the media industry and forward-thinking approach to transforming business to serve today’s audience and advertisers
Apply online at www.12newsnow.com by navigating to the Connect tab and clicking Jobs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.