Location: Houston, TX
Contact Name: Waleska Rivera
- Shoot and edit assigned and/or breaking news stories using ENG camera and non-linear editing equipment.
- Shoot and edit special assignments as needed.
- Provide pictures and short/snap videos from the field for our Social Media platforms
- Set up and operate microwave ENG trucks, as well as Live U equipment.
- Operate and maintain news vehicles and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Perform routine maintenance and light troubleshooting on assigned equipment.
- Monitors scanners in vehicles from news stories.
- May be required to travel for special assignments and coverage.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Candidate will have continuous interaction with news reporters and other photographers. Will work closely with producers, assignment desk editors, video editors and chief photographer.
- Will have constant interaction with engineering and production departments, and will be in daily contact with the public, as well as local, state and federal officials.
- Self-motivated, well organized and with excellent personal interaction skills
Required Skills & Experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Strong storytelling and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and communicate effectively
- Able to work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends and evenings, as well as during inclement weather such as Hurricanes
- Must be able to lift and carry broadcast video equipment (approximately 50 pounds)
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must possess vision and hearing acuity, clear and audible speech
- Must be able to work in outdoor and inclement weather conditions
- High School Diploma required; College degree or technical school training in Journalism, Radio/Television, Production/ENG or related field, preferred
- Minimum 2 or more years working as news photographer in a TV news or similar environment
- Must be willing to work from office in Houston, TX
- Must have a Texas driver license and a clean driving record
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:http://corporate.univision.com/corporate/careers/
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled