News Photographer / EditorKGBT-TV
Location: Harlingen/Weslaco/Brownsville/McAllen, TX
Contact Name: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Position/Title: News Photographer/Editor
News Photographer/Editor responsibilities include:
- Videotaping and editing.
- Live News van operation.
- Working with newsmakers and public contacts for information gathering in the field.
- Edit daily newscasts.
- Must work calm under intense situations and be able to effectively communicate.
- Police all on-air video and audio levels for accuracy; ensure all stories are usable for broadcast and online.
- Ability to send and receive FTP feeds and get them downloaded in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for taking daily live feeds and making strict news deadlines.
- Must be a self-motivator and be able to get along with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the News Director.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 8/1/2017
Closing Date: 9/1/2017
City: Harlingen - 78552
- College degree in Radio-TV or Journalism preferred.
- Prior experience in a television news environment.
- DVC and Non-Linear editing equipment operation knowledge and experience.
- Must know how to shoot and edit.
- Prior experience working with FTP and YouTube.
- Knowledge of AVID a plus.
- Required to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary.
- Must be flexible in working various shifts as necessary.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and be insurable.
- Be able to work under deadline pressures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Schedule requires overnight shifts.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry and manage news photography and lighting equipment, up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently exposed to outside conditions.
Elida Urrutia, Human Resources Coordinator
9201 W. Expressway 83
Harlingen, TX. 78552
(No phone calls, please)
(Pre-employment drug screening required)
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER