Meteorologist - 11498WFAA-TV
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact Name: Tegna Inc.
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Primary Industry: Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Manage Others: No
WFAA is looking for an experienced Meteorologist to join our team. The successful candidate must have a passion for severe weather and the ability to sustain continuous coverage for long periods of time on all platforms. This person understands the weather conversation our audience is having with friends and how to engage and relate to them, even on bright sunny days.
We are looking for a team player who can help with every aspect of meteorology, from forecasting, to preparing graphics, to reporting in the field. This person will be an integral part of severe weather coverage. We engage with our communities on TV, online and on social media. The ideal candidate has command on air, embraces new technology and is willing to explore new ways to present the weather story. This candidate should also believe in community involvement by speaking at schools and other community functions.
This market has a very robust weather pattern, and our station invests matching resources and energy to keep our communities safe. Any candidate applying should be ready for a very active schedule in a market where our audience needs us on all platforms frequently throughout the year.
• Provide accurate weather forecasts using the most accurate weather technology in a multi-platform environment
• Write for digital and various social media platforms from the field or inside the newsroom/weather center including attaching images and streaming video
• Produce clean and informative graphics to tell the weather story
• Daily updates on all digital platforms including social media
• Make public appearances
• Convey a positive brand image for the station in the community at all times and on all platforms
• Communicate and guide the content teams for aggressive, smart weather coverage when our consumers need it on all platforms
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/15/2021
Closing Date: 1/12/2022
Experience: 4 Year(s)
• Bachelor degree in Meteorology/Atmospheric Science or a Certificate of Broadcast Meteorology
• Minimum of five years of on-air experience as a Broadcast Meteorologist
• Applicants should have or be qualified to apply for the AMS Seal and/or the NWS Seal
• Demonstrate the ability to post forecasts, graphics, UGC and other storytelling tools to various digital media platforms
• Be available and willing to work a flexible schedule and fill-in when necessary on other shifts
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JoWpPNbP