Marketing Director KLZT and KBPAHD2KLZT and KBPA-HD2
Location: Austin, TX
Contact Name: Waterloo Media
Position/Title: Marketing Director KLZT and KBPA-HD2
• A manager with at least one year of marketing and event planning experience who can conceive, plan and execute station promotional campaigns and events
• A leader with one year of supervisory experience who can teach and motivate employees on how to represent our stations at community and promotional events
• Dependable, affable, and a liaison who can work with various departments to build upon the KLZT and KBPA HD-2 image in order to attract new listeners and clients
Our teams have earned a valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team.
Waterloo Media is a cluster of eight radio stations in Austin, TX. KLBJ-AM (590), KLBJ-FM (93.7), KGSR (93.3), ACL Radio (97.1), KROX (101.5), KBPA (103.5), KLZT (107.1), and The VIBE (102.7).
Waterloo Media seeking a full time Marketing Director to manage and direct KLZT and KBPA HD-2 events and promotions, work with the KLZT and KBPA HD-2 sales and programming departments, and maintain public relations between the Austin community and the station’s clients. This position helps build the station’s image with the focus on attracting new listeners and clients, while increasing the loyalty of current audiences and customers.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conceives, plans, and executes all station promotional campaigns and events
• Oversees station contests including: originating or adapting ideas, determining prizes and listener events, maintaining accurate records of contestants and winners, and ensuring contests are conducted in accordance with FCC regulations and the law
• Represents stations at community events, promotions, etc.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• 360 branding strategy: plan and execute all digital marketing which includes texting and station e-mail newsletters
• Other job related duties assigned as needed
Supervisory Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Directly supervises Promotions Coordinators, Promotions Assistants, and Promotions interns
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
• Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• College degree preferred. High school diploma, or equivalent, is required
• One year of management experience required
• One year of event planning and branding experience required
• Radio experience preferred
• Fluency in Spanish preferred
• Work nights and weekends as-needed
• Valid driver’s license and state mandated auto insurance required
Application Process: Please submit a resume and application to Gary Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to posting and no phone calls please.
WATERLOO MEDIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/8/2021
Closing Date: 11/30/2021
City: Austin - 78753
Experience: See Details section
Requirements: See Details section
Contact: Gary Weaver - email@example.com
Apply Online URL: www.waterloomedia.com/jobs