KROX Morning Show Co-HostKROX-FM
Location: Austin, TX
Contact Name: Waterloo Media
Position/Title: KROX Morning Show Co-Host
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Summary & Scope:
Participates in and executes an on-air show that is both entertaining and informative to the listening audience on a full time basis, while helping to promote the program with ancillary products including video, social media, and podcasting efforts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plays music as specified by music director and music log.
- Writes script, contest and interview questions.
- Memorizes scripts, reads, or ad-libs to identify station, introduce and close shows, and announce station breaks, commercials, or public service information.
- Prepare and creates a topical show by gathering information from wire copy, periodicals, computer and television.
- Reads news flash to keep audience informed of important events.
- Records interviews of guest, musical or other famous or public personalities, and edits interviews.
- Interviews guest, and moderates panel or discussion show to entertain audience.
- Answer phone lines and interviews members of listening audience who telephone musical requests. Airs contest according to the specifications of the program director.
- Supports on-air efforts with social media posts across all relevant platforms.
- Plans and stages community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions.
- Attends live, in-person appearances as scheduled by the station or requested by clients.
- Provides live reports from site of event.
- Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong personal community involvement.
- Sets up equipment for broadcasts and promotions at station remotes.
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming element essential to the station’s operation are aired.
- Operates control console.
- Performs commercial production.
- Follow and enforces FCC regulations, station and company polices, including implementing station’s/state’s EAS procedures.
- Performs additional duties in small stations, such as production, assisting program director or music director, operating radio transmitter or writing advertising copy.
- Other duties assigned as-needed.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as periodicals and news flashes. Ability to develop and write creative and/or informative scripts and adequately navigate social media. Ability to speak effectively, entertainingly and clearly before large listening audiences and radio station clients. KLZT and Latino require Spanish and English fluency.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to operate an on-air control board, CD player, and remote broadcast equipment. Knowledge of Window. Ability to use a headset. Ability to multi-task. Ability to be knowledgeable with current events and local community events. Digital experience preferred for production and on-air board operation. The ability to get along with others – specifically must be able to interact with the listening audience and clients in a professional manner. Ability to think and process information quickly “on-the-air” is required. Social media skills required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 3/5/2021
Closing Date: 4/30/2021
City: Austin - 78753
Experience: See Job Details section
Requirements: See Job Details section
Contact: Send resumes to Lynn Barstow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER