KLZT Programming DirectorKLBJ / KLZT / KROX / KGSR / KBPA
Location: Austin, TX
Contact Name: Waterloo Media
Position/Title: KLZT Programming Director
Waterloo Media Group L.P. is a cluster of eight radio stations in Austin, TX. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to provide direction, organization, creativity and strategy regarding the music, talent, promotions and production necessary to produce a marketable and sellable Regional Mexican radio station. If you are a qualified candidate and are interested in working for a dynamic company, we encourage you to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plan and oversee all on-air programming and production.
• Meet with programming and sales staff to brainstorm, plan and execute marketing, promotions and image campaigns.
• Evaluate programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
• Prepare and perform on-air shift, remotes and appearances as required.
• Develop and coach on-air staff by performing air checks.
• Audition and hire talent.
• Monitor and evaluate music selected on the station.
• Schedule staff for on-air shifts, remotes, and appearances.
• Prepare budget for programming department.
• Directly supervise employees in the Programming department.
Job Requirements include but are not limited to:
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
• High School diploma or equivalent, required.
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
• Qualified candidates must have at least five years of programming experience in Spanish-language and/or Regional Mexican formats.
• Ability to operate a computer, control and mixer boards, CD player, reel-to-reel, remote and satellite equipment, and general office equipment.
• Must be able to work long hours including some weekends, evenings and holidays.
Application Process: Please submit a resume and application online at www.waterloomedia.com. Refer to posting and no phone calls please.
WATERLOO MEDIA GROUP L.P. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/8/2021
Closing Date: 11/30/2021
City: Austin - 78753
Experience: See Details section
Requirements: See Details section
Please send cover letter and resume to Bruce Walden
Apply Online URL: www.waterloomedia.com/jobs