Production AssistantKYLE / KWKT
Location: Bryan - College Station, TX
Contact Name: Nexstar Media Group
Position/Title: Production Assistant
Position Summary: The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required for live and recorded broadcasts.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 3/1/2019
Closing Date: 4/1/2019
City: Waco - 76712
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts.
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director.
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
• Sets up studio related equipment.
• Creates on-air graphics and operates XPression graphics playback.
• Audio board operation
• Teleprompter operation
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, focused attention to detail and flexible.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite helpful.
• Part-time number hours per week: 20-25.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
• Job is contingent on successful background and MVR check results.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, the Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to climb 12' ladder. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Contact: Apply online at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Apply Online URL: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****