Editor/Producer DAL 17-05KDXX / KLNO / KFLC / KFZO / KESS
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact Name: Univision Communications
Position/Title: Editor/Producer DAL 17-05
Editor/Producer will work with local sales team in shooting and editing local commercials. Also work on PSA’s and any special event coverage that might come up. Work with the News/Technical team to produce news briefs and any breaking News. Will also work on the Public Affair show in any capacity needed in the studio or control room.
• Operate cameras, lighting, audio, editing and other equipment needed for completion of project on a daily basis.
• Operate nonlinear editor, able to write, record and edit video segments for commercials and PSA’s.
• Responsible for the editing equipment, cameras and lighting equipment.
• Coordination with the Production Manager and sales team on all projects.
• Communication and follow through with production, sales and clients.
• Ability to multitask to meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
• Requires the ability to work a flexible and variable schedule; willing to work days, nights or weekends, as circumstances require.
• Assist the News/Technical team with any projects.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 5/19/2017
Closing Date: 6/19/2017
City: Dallas - 75201
EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum 2 years experience in a production department.
• Capable of utilizing post production equipment such as PC/Mac computer, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Affect Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Camera P2, Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Lighting, graphics and other equipment as needed.
• Must be able to multi-task, be an effective communicator, be self-motivated, well organized and have excellent personal interaction skills.
• Must be able sit for an extended amount of time and to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Able to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Must have a valid TX Driver’s License and maintain a good driving record
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: • Associates degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field preferred, or equivalent industry training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS : • Excellent Spanish language communication skills required, both written and oral. English proficiency required.
Following would be a plus:
Television production skills
Computer skills for editing and dubbing of commercials
Experience operating cameras and teleprompter
Additional Information: UNIVISION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Contact: INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY AT: https://univision.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1704
No phone calls, please.