Chief EngineerKETK / KFXK / KLPN / KTPN / KFXL
Location: Tyler-Longview, TX
Contact Name: Nexstar Media Group
Position/Title: Chief Engineer
Details: Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages all aspects of the Engineering Department.
• Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Engineering Department.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
• Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station.
• Ensures station compliance with FCC rules and regulations, as well as all local, state and federal regulations applicable to the station.
• Works with corporate leadership to develop and implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station.
• Manages the information technology staff and system.
• Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met.
• Works with corporate leadership to manage engineering and technology capital projects to the established budgets.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/7/2017
Closing Date: 12/7/2017
ETK/FOX 51 is seeking a Chief Engineer to assume responsibility for technical facilities and operations of our station. Position involves technical planning, project management, staff development and administrative functions. Candidate must be able to prepare and administer capital and operating budget for technical facilities and ensure station compliance with all FCC and OSHA regulations.
This is a department-head level position that requires close interaction with other departments and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. As part of the Nexstar Broadcasting group of 171 television stations across the U.S., the Chief Engineer networks with other engineering personnel within the group and with corporate staff in engineering management, accounting, finance and legal.
Contact: Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****