Location: Amarillo, TX
Contact Name: Gray Television
Title: News Specialist
Reports To: Operations Manager
ABOUT GRAY TELEVISION:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Newschannel10, KFDA-TV in Amarillo, Texas has an immediate opening for a News Specialist. KFDA-TV NewsChannel 10 is the #1 rated television station and CBS affiliate in Amarillo, Texas. We serve an audience of 250,000 people across more than 30 counties in the Texas Panhandle, as well as parts of Oklahoma and New Mexico. We offer live news and other programming on three analog channels and are always expanding our digital reach with dotcom, mobile apps and social media.
This position serves both traditional production assistant duties and news photographer. Our specialists work primarily behind the scenes, operating studio and field cameras, capturing great sound and/ or editing video footage. Successful candidates are able to embrace and operate in a newsroom environment that blends news content gathering and production operation. Candidates must be self-starters, work well under daily deadlines and work independently as well as with others to enhance our multi-platform coverage. This is an exciting position with great potential for advancement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Shooting and editing for all platforms
• Operation of Edius editing software
• Regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio
• Work with VizRT automation, Ross Vision Switcher, LiveU Backpacks, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: camera operation (field and studio), prompter operation, audio operation.
• Training of new personnel as assigned
• College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred
• Proficiency with non-liner editing
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, mornings, evenings and possible overtime hours
• Must have excellent communication skills and get along well with co-workers
• Ability to lift loads up to 50 lbs.
• Work in extreme temperatures/weather
• Must provide own transportation to work
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required
If qualified, please apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work, Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please.
Additional Info - Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.