Full-Time ProducerKAMX / KJCE / KKMJ / KKMJ-HD3
Location: Austin, TX
Contact Name: Entercom Communications
KJCE-AM has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Producer.
Req ID#: 31377
Job Title: Full-Time Producer
Job Description/Requisition Details:
Entercom Austin has an immediate opening for a full-time Producer for Talk 1370. The successful candidate will be highly reliable, self-motivated, trustworthy, and passionate about creating compelling news, talk, and sports programming across all of our platforms. This position must be able to work both independently and within a team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment.
While this position will normally cover regular business hours Monday through Friday, some hours on nights and weekends may be occasionally required to cover special programming or fill-in shifts.
• Operate the control room and studio equipment for live, pre-recorded, and remote programming, including breaking news and sports play-by-play coverage
• Produce, time out, and load pre-recorded programming into automation system for proper playback at scheduled times
• Create and post digital content, including blog posts and news articles, in the “voice of the station” to all station digital platforms, including websites (Talk1370.com and FanstandATX.com) and social media
• Ability to accurately write, rewrite, and edit news copy for both broadcast and web
• Monitor for breaking news and take appropriate actions according to station policies & procedures
• Coordinate, schedule, and conduct interviews for “Inside Austin”, our public affairs programming, and produce a weekly one-hour show to air across all Entercom Austin stations
• Screen calls for live talk shows
• Produce station commercials and promos as directed, including voice work as necessary
• Work directly with station clients to fulfill production requests in support of live and pre-recorded programming, either handling directly or facilitating with production staff depending on needs & complexity of requests
• Monitor station during automated periods to ensure proper timing and operation
• Follow and enforce FCC regulations, as well as station and company policies
• Represent the station in a highly respectable, professional manner at all times
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Proficiency with radio station equipment, audio editing software, and radio automation systems, primarily Adobe Audition and WideOrbit
• Must be highly organized, able to meet deadlines, able to multi-task, and perform well under pressure with a strong attention to detail
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Familiarity with basic web graphics production (Photoshop/Photoshop Elements)
• Familiarity with concepts of AP Style
• A passion for news, politics, and current events
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://entercom.avature.net/careers/JobDetail?id=14068 to apply.
Consistent with our Equal Opportunity Program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
Privacy Notice: The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requires all stations to report the names of community organizations receiving job vacancy information plus the contact person, address and telephone number of each organization in an annual EEO Public File Report that will be made available to the general public in the station’s public inspection file and on our website. IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO THE PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF THIS INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE FCC, OR YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE REMOVED FROM OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST, PLEASE NOTIFY ME IMMEDIATELY.
Entercom Austin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.