Sports ReporterKLST / KSAN
Location: San Angelo, TX
Contact Name: Nexstar Media Group
Position/Title: Sports Reporter
Details: The Sports Reporter
KLST-TV, an CBS affiliate, is looking for a dynamic and multi-talented Sports Reporter to join our team!
This sports journalist would focus on telling the stories of the Concho Valley and cover some of the best high school sports in the state.
The ideal candidate is a passionate on-air talent with a knack for live reports. We're looking for a strong on-air presence. It's critical you understand creative sports storytelling – not just X’s and O’s – but strong character development. You also need excellent shooting and editing skills, as well as some serious social media chops. You will also be in charge of producing and anchoring a 30-minute sports show after the news on Sunday nights!
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 12/13/2018
Closing Date: 1/13/2019
City: San Angelo - 76901
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of sports and sports related activities.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum five years’ experience in sports reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
• Superior on-air presence.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produces and presents sports reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all sports content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating sports programming and other content.
• Responds to breaking sports events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Works closely with the sports team to develop comprehensive sports coverage.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Shoots video for sports reports.
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots.
• Maintains video equipment.
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content.
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sports Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Sports Anchor Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Contact: Apply online at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Apply Online URL: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com