Digital Program DirectorKODA / KQBT / KTBZ / KTRH / KBME / KPRC
Location: Houston, TX
Contact Name: iHeart Media
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: Digital Program Director
Details: Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Leads and manages all aspects of digital media activities involving development and distribution of content on digital platforms (e.g. internet and mobile devices).
Directs and monitors creative activities of online organization including both user interface design and print material. Collaborates with Program Director to develop short- to long-term goals and objectives.
Carries out creative direction as set by Program Director and/or Operations Manager.
Oversees the digital media function including producing, licensing, digital business development/acquisition, content implementation, and content production.
Stays abreast of leading-edge technological developments in digital content creation and distribution; recommends implementation as appropriate.
Oversees day-to-day copy/edits for social media.
May mentor, supervise, review and approve work of the creative staff and serve as primary critic.
* Supervising digital programming staff in the creation and maintenance of websites in the cluster
* Strategizing with Programming to identify ways for on-air talent to grow the digital audience and for the digital efforts to grow ratings
* Working closely with Sales to ensure maximization of content integration opportunities
* Works closely with Digital Content Director, Digital Sales Manager, Graphic Designers and Program Directors to execute creative online promotions/contests.
* Developing digital programming packages around station features and original content to drive audience and engagement for sites
* Overseeing all social media activity for stations
* Performing regular analysis of statistics and recommending and implementing ways to grow audience based on data
* Managing digital marketing for the cluster, including creating and executing online media buys
* Assisting in securing exclusive content ( i.e. music premieres) as needed
* Creating and managing third-party partnerships
* Working as primary liaison with iHeartMedia Digital on Programming Issues
* Managing day-to-day mobile programs
• Excellent leadership and coaching ability
• Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task
• Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, sharing projects, knowledge and experience
• Excellent clear oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; strong writing and editing skills
• Ability to plan and organize, get things done in a team–oriented environment
• Stress tolerance & flexibility especially when working under pressure and on multiple projects with tight deadlines
• High degree of attention to detail and optimal work standards
• Desire to grow and develop additional skills
• 3+ years of related experience
• Application development experience a bonus as well as knowledge/familiarity with digital video/audio production equipment
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, communications or related field preferred
Certifications: None required
Location: Houston, TX: 2000 West Loop South, Suite 300, 77027
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 7/19/2017
Closing Date: 10/17/2017
Contact: Please click here to apply for this job.