Reporter, Multimedia JournalistKTAB / KRBC
Location: Abilene, TX
Contact Name: Nexstar Media Group
Position/Title: Reporter, Multimedia Journalist
KTAB in Abilene, Texas, is looking for an MMJ ready to make his or her mark. We want a self-starter ready to engage with our audience. The Multimedia Journalist Reporter produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/13/2018
Closing Date: 2/13/2019
City: Abilene - 79605
• Superior on-air presence.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
•Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English. Bilingual is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Contact: Apply online at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Apply Online URL: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Job Req #: 2018-3354
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****