President & General ManagerKBMT / KJAC-TV
Location: Beaumont, TX
Contact Name: Tegna Inc.
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: President & General Manager
Primary Industry: Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Manage Others: No
12News KBMT-KJAC, the TEGNA-owned ABC and NBC affiliates in Beaumont, TX, is searching for a motivated and high-performing strategic leader to serve as the next President & General Manager. 12News delivers news and entertainment across a wide variety of platforms, serving the communities of Southeast Texas. As the leader of this multi-media operation, the President & General Manager, working with the leadership team, is accountable for developing and executing a strategic plan responsive to the operation’s long-term vision. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of recruiting strong performers, building strong collaborative cultures, achieving financial goals and driving innovation. The position reports to the Vice President, TEGNA Media Operations.
• Overall success of the station, with full accountability for content, sales, brand and operations across all platforms.
• Develop short, intermediate and long-range revenue and audience strategies to grow market share and engagement across platforms.
• Define and execute the station’s vision and strategy to ensure 12News is positioned as a leader in the market.
• Be the cross functional leader across news, marketing, sales and engineering to ensure business execution excellence.
• Maximize profit opportunities with core business and digital business by designing and delivering programming that drives ratings and revenue growth.
• Work directly with the sales organization and clients to provide successful customer solutions.
• Develop and manage the annual budgets, including accurate forecasting.
• Identify and deliver opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution capabilities.
• Provide leadership in the Southeast Texas community and build relationships with staff, advertisers and viewers.
• Define talent strategy for station; recruit and retain strong leaders and memorable talent that represent diverse local communities.
• Develop and coach direct reports to build a strong culture of collaboration and accountability.
• Ensure high-potential talent for critical roles are prepared to lead the organization in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 5/24/2022
Closing Date: 8/22/2022
Skills & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business or related field and 7+ years of strong performance in a leadership position with a multimedia company.
• Experience building high-performing & diverse teams, developing staff and fostering a culture of excellence and ownership.
• Proven track record of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement.
• Embrace and lead through uncertainty and change to position your team for success.
• Passion for inspiring others to do extraordinary things.
• Top-notch critical thinking skills and data-driven decision-making capability.
• Excellent judgment, role model and community leader.
• Mastery of planning, prioritizing and achieving financial and strategic objectives.
• Expertise in digital advertising strategies and regular use of digital platforms.
• Learning agility, risk-taking and growth mentality; driven to discover new ways to win audience and grow business.
• Effective communicator and inclusive leader who listens well, takes input from all levels, and creates a shared vision
Apply Online URL: www.tegna.com/careers