National Sales Manager 19-03Univision Communications
Location: Houston, TX
Contact Name: Patricia Hernandez
Univision Local Media is looking for a stellar National Sales Manager to lead the charge for our TV properties in Houston. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced, dynamic individual to join our sales team. Our NSM acts as a liaison between the outside sales offices and the television station. Responsibilities include detailed forecasting of national sales revenue by office, travel & expense budgeting, and conducting regular evaluations of national sales office performance. The NSM must also do regular evaluation of national sales assistants.
The National Sales Manager must be visible in all outside offices on a regular basis, with travel schedule determined quarterly to meet station’s needs. This person will also be responsible for new business goal setting and monitoring progress of target accounts. The National Sales Manager should be personally involved with clients and their agents on both a national and local level, and may be required to accompany and assist local sales on calls, meet with clients and planning agencies that impact local business in LA as well as in other cities.
• Provide timely, detailed station information to outside sales offices
• Accompany account executives on presentations and sales calls
• Weekly management reports on billing and call activity
• Creative and strategic team player
• Plan/execute travel
• Identification, assignment and monitor progress of accounts to national account executives
• Detailed, accurate revenue forecasting
• Coordination with LSM(s) on accounts, which may involve both local and national sales organizations.
• Activity in community or charitable organizations.
• Attendance at station sponsored events.
• Conducts ascertainment interviews as required.
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in business and/or marketing or previous advertising/media sales experience
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong Agency and Retail experience required with focus on managing/executing new business
• Strategic, motivated, enthusiastic self-starter who is able to work effectively in a matrix organization
• Ability to develop customized marketing solutions for clients and possess exceptional presentation skills
• Proven track record of success in media sales at agencies and on client side
• Proficient in MS Office -- including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Desired Skills & Experience
• 5-10 years in broadcast sales and 2+ years in broadcast sales management
• Ability to effectively and efficiently convey information to account executives at outside sales offices
• Able to present research information and station proposals in a clear and enthusiastic manner
• Ability to collaborate/communicate effectively with relevant departments at Univision
• Working knowledge of television applications such as Wide Orbit, Strata, Kantar and qualitative programs like Scarborough.
• Must be willing to work from office in Houston, TX
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage: http://corporate.univision.com/corporate/careers/
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER