Full Time Morning Show Talent in KGLK-Houston’s EagleCox media Group
Location: Houston, TX
Contact Name: Linda Lynn
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Make sure the overall sound of the show is entertaining, fun and informative.
- Execute regular postings on all station Social Media platforms.
- Make sure all promotions/contests are executed properly.
- Conduct show prep on a daily basis.
- Handle the execution of live broadcasts, communicate with board op each break.
- Attend all relevant station meetings.
- Protect the FCC license.
- Conduct EAS tests per FCC requirement
- Participate in all Content/Marketing/Promotions brainstorming meetings
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Participates at station promotional events as directed by Director of Operations.
- Performs all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the smooth running of the department and to the achievement of departmental and station goals.
- Periodic and unscheduled on-air (air check) review sessions with the Program Director.
- All CMG Houston employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive and to perform other such duties as may be required for the efficient operations of the stations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate, college preferred.
- Five years of on-air major or medium market announcer experience including production experience.
- Good working knowledge of audio equipment necessary for on-air and production execution.
- Extensive Social Media aptitude across all platforms.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as program logs, music logs, production orders and employee handbook.
- Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Proper diction and command of the English language.
- Must be able to articulate and enunciate effectively.
- Ability to compute percentages and to draw and interpret conclusions regarding listener information.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out required job functions.
To read more and apply online, please visit https://jobs.coxenterprises.com/ShowJob/JobId/233322/On-Air-Talent