Location: Tyler, TX
Contact Name: Sharilyn Sutphen
- Direct live and recorded newscasts and programs.
- Train and work on the latest technology for newscast production and presentation.
- Lead crew through preparation, pre-production, and presentation of a fast paced news show.
- Oversee pre-production of graphics.
- Production of internet and social networking sales
- Manage work flow for newscast pre-production including but not limited to video editing for multi platforms.
- Handle administrative duties as assigned to include scheduling and coordinating of crew development/training.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
KLTV seeks a strong leader that is a proven self-starter with attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, and an overall understanding of live television. Flexibility, a positive can-do attitude, and strong work ethic will lead to advancement. This position is not for a first time Director.
- Working knowledge of all pieces of equipment including switcher, cameras, graphic display and audio board. Our equipment includes the Snell & Wilcox Kahuna production switcher, Chyron Duet character generator, Pinnacle Lightning still store & Wheatstone SP-8 Audio Console.
- Ability to work with producers and other staff members to develop the look of the show.
- Technical skills of news specialist.
- Understanding of Master Control equipment & duties as assigned by management.
- Excellent computer and internet skills.
- Work schedule flexibility.
- Other competencies as may be required by management.
College degree in Radio/Television preferred. Two or more years experience as a Director/Technical Director is also preferred, but not required. Editing experience and knowledge of Photoshop is helpful.
Have excellent hearing and vision (correctable). Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. Candidates must be able to lift items up to 50 pounds & participate in vigorous physical activity.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/7055/director/job
TO APPLY. Include cover letter, resume, and DVD(or interlink with examples of your work).