Director of SalesKBMT/KJAC-TV/KUIL
Location: Beaumont, TX
Contact Name: Janessa Weatherly
Phone: (409) 833-7512
TEGNA Media is breaking the mold for how media companies operate. Recently named Station Group of the Year by Broadcasting and Cable, we have committed vast resources to transform our sales operations. To compete and win in the new media landscape we need innovative sales leaders to join us on this journey and be part of our future growth and success. Are you ready?
12News is the premiere local media group in Southeast Texas and wants to recruit the best Director of Sales in the region. 12News consists of multiple broadcast (KBMT/ABC, KJAC/NBC, KUIL-MYTX/MyNetwork, MeTV), and a portfolio of nationally recognized digital. This position reports to the President and General Manager of 12News and is responsible for motivating and leading a sales team consisting of managers, account executives, account managers and support staff to execute strategies that achieve revenue goals and meet customer's business objectives. The DOS must guide and coach the sales team through various selling opportunities utilizing our rich supply of digital and broadcast products.
If you can answer yes to the following questions and want to be part of a winning, progressive team in a growing marketplace, then this is the place for you!
- Are you confident that you have what it takes to lead a sales team in a competitive market?
- Does the ever changing media landscape excite you?
- Do you like the intensity of a fast-moving environment?
- Are you willing to re-think past local television sales practices?
- Do you understand and embrace digital products as solutions for your customers?
- Are you passionate about developing the members of your team?
- Are you an innovator?
- Manage all station sales efforts on-air, online and across multiple digital platforms.
- Develop and manage annual revenue plan that achieves goals and grows market share.
- Maintain close inventory control to maximize all opportunities.
- Identify, monitor and forecast sales activity while developing rate cards that anticipate market activity yet maintain rate integrity.
- Work closely with content and marketing teams to develop and maximize the full potential of station initiatives.
- Recognize the changing media landscape and adjust strategy quickly.
- Coach and assist in regular training of entire sales team focusing on new products and new techniques.
- Develop strong relationships with local clients.
- Create and execute a strategic and tactical growth plan for the sales team.
- Accurate forecasting of sales revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of television sales.
- Minimum of 2 years of local television sales management experience.
- Proven sales leader with record of sales achievement.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Ability to think and lead strategically.
- Effective driver of integrated revenue and strategy.
- Ability to prioritize critical functions to ensure individual and team success.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Nielsen, Comscore, Wide Orbit and Salesforce experience preferred.
Apply online at www.12newsnow.com by navigating to the "About" tab, then clicking "Jobs". Or simply follow this link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JWhGWBYO
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 46 stations in 38 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and 32 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.