Digital Content ProducerKBMT / KJAC-TV / KUIL
Location: Beaumont, TX
Contact Name: TEGNA Media
Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Digital Content Producer
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
KBMT, the TEGNA Media NBC/ABC duopoly in Beaumont, Texas, has an excellent opportunity for a cutting-edge journalist to explore and innovate as a Digital Content Producer. We’re looking for someone with ambition who can demonstrate a strong skill set of digital skills to help us engage our audience.
- You'll be part of the 12News newsroom helping produce 12newsnow.com, the KBMT app and KBMT social media.
- You'll use your nose for news and interest in local happenings to create engaging content for all platforms.
- You'll spread your creative wings and work on great stories, videos and slideshows to engage our audience.
- In this role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Developing, publishing and updating content for 12newsnow.com, the KBMT app and our social media platforms.
- Writing and reporting original content to highlight social media, digital and technology news.
- Researching, creating and integrating original and repurposed content, including text, images, video and social media.
- Writing and producing breaking news stories and launching live streams for web and social platforms.
- Participating in news meetings and working with news staff to develop digital content opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- College degree in journalism, mass communications or marketing preferred.
- Some digital content production experience preferred.
- Solid digital news background with experience covering breaking news.
- Demonstrate ability to reach the audience with engaging headlines and social media posts.
- Strong understanding of AP Style, including ability to rapidly edit and/or rewrite stories.
- Highly motivated individual with creative and aggressive approach to driving digital results.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task confidently under tight deadlines.
- Experience working with a digital content management system preferred.
- Experience with editing in Photoshop and Final Cut preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holiday shifts.