Digital Content Producer (Bilingual) - CBS Radio/DFWKVIL / KMVK / KRLD / KLUV / KJKK
Location: Dallas - Fort Worth, TX
Contact Name: CBS Radio Dallas
RE: JOB OPPORTUNITY
CBS Radio Dallas has an immediate opening as outlined below. Interviews are being conducted presently. CBS Radio seeks to increase minority representation in its workforce and as a result, the referral of qualified minority and women candidates is encouraged.
It is the continuing policy of CBS Radio to afford equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, or national origin in all terms and conditions of employment.
We are asking that you run/post this job opening and that you refer interested candidates you may have contact with who are currently looking for a position that meets the criteria below.
Digital Content Producer (Bilingual) – CBS Radio/DFW
CBS Radio Dallas is looking for an experienced – bilingual (Spanish & English) - digital professional to generate and upload breaking news, sports, and entertainment content including written, audio and video content, create Photoshop graphic content for the web and help enhance website traffic and user activity. Candidate should possess strong digital media acumen, knowledge about online trends and new web programs, social media platforms, online editorial content and select web-based marketing programs.
This position requires a clear understanding of journalism process and ethics. The Producer must possess excellent writing and proofing skills and is expected to post content on both web and social media platforms that is creative, concise, of excellent quality and free of typographical errors.
This position will be responsible for producing content for the CBS Music Radio Stations in DFW – including La Grande 107.5 which is a Spanish language station.
WordPress & Adobe Photoshop & Premiere experience is preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Create, edit, and maintain entertainment news and opinion content primarily for the CBS Radio Dallas music web sites.
• Work with Program Director and Digital Director to develop a strategic plan to achieve traffic goals
• Implement and execute programming web initiatives
• Motivate, educate and coach on-air talent and web contributors to develop creative web solutions to increase traffic and web-based sales packages
• Plan and execute an effective strategic plan for station social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc., as needed
• Plan, produce, and maintain original content for the station’s audio web stream and podcasts
• Regularly review market trends and innovations for new ideas and opportunities
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
The Digital Content Producer position requires a flexible schedule. This position - as with all web content producers - will be utilized at times to fill in for team members who may be on vacation or unavailable - including nights, weekends and holidays.
2+ years of experience working with web-based programs and social media programs is required. 2-5 years of broadcast, print, or internet editing/writing a plus. Must have excellent organizational skills and possess the ability to multitask. No phone calls please.