Digital Content News ProducerKCBD / KLCW / KMYL / KXTQ / KLBB
Location: Lubbock, TX
Contact Name: Gray Television
Position/Title: Digital Content News Producer
Details, Experience & Requirements:
KCBD, NewsChannel 11 is the NBC affiliate in Lubbock, Texas and the dominant #1 station in market. Our station is a welcoming, collaborative environment committed to excellent journalism and innovation across all platforms. This is a place to grow and learn, with support to develop your skills.
We deliver 45+ hours of original local news, sports and weather programming each week. Our digital platforms also dominate in audience, engagement, and content. We are preparing to move into a new newsroom and studios, with the latest state-of-the-art technology. KCBD provides the tools, training, and opportunities for success in the ever-changing environment of broadcast and digital content.
Lubbock's legacy station is looking for a digital content producer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a journalist with strong writing skills who creates news content across all digital platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Working quickly to send out breaking news, weather, and traffic alerts, including push notifications, social media updates, and web stories that are updated as news develops
- Thinking outside the box; contributing in ways to grow our already dominant digital presence
- Monitoring social media and other digital sources to find new content
- Collaborating with members of the digital team and the newsroom to create news content that meets our high standards
- Posting to our online and social media platforms using digital publishing tools, video editing software, and other resources
- Creating innovative and user-friendly elements inside of articles for consumption across our platforms, including photo galleries, interactive charts, and other embedded content
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn new technology are imperative
- Additional duties as assigned, including assignment desk help and conducting interviews for stories
- Ability to field viewer calls, and cold call sources to confirm tips & scanner traffic
- Assisting the Digital Content Manager on implementing Digital Initiatives
- Degree in journalism/communications/English or equivalent background preferred
- Some newsroom experience preferred
- A strong passion for innovative storytelling, newsgathering, and lifelong learning
- Preferred knowledge of ENPS, Google Analytics, and other tools to gain an edge on the competition
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere and behave in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
- Understanding of and adherence to AP Style
- Availability to work various hours as breaking news or special events warrant; but understand we have a sizeable staff to spread across all dayparts
- Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 3/28/2022
Closing Date: 5/28/2022
City: Lubbock - 79423
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Contact: Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
Apply Online URL: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening