Daybreak Executive Producer - 12700KBMT / KJAC-TV / KUIL
Location: Beaumont, TX
Contact Name: Tegna Inc.
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: Daybreak Executive Producer-12700
Primary Industry: Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Manage Others: No
KBMT/K-JAC in Beaumont, Texas is looking for a seasoned Morning Executive Producer. This person must have strong news judgement plus have an eye for creativity. This leader will embrace KBMT’s high quality standard of news reporting, storytelling and investigative excellence while boldly advancing the KBMT’s morning show brand across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate should identify as a strong news leader that can execute the vision for this socially-driven newscast with urgency and impact.
• This person must excel at guiding breaking news, weather, and traffic coverage.
• The ideal candidate should be skilled at creating an audience focused content calendar that aligns with research and the needs of our community.
• This person should know how to motivate a fully engaged team, managing and inspiring all employees who contribute to the overall success of the morning show.
• This leader must work collaboratively with other news managers and departments including digital, marketing, and research to make informed decisions to advance the news product and grow viewership.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 4/4/2022
Closing Date: 8/1/2022
Experience: 1 Year(s)
• Grasp the content that matters to our communities and know how to bring timely coverage and conversation to our shows every day
• Oversee the morning newscasts to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met
• Regularly critique newscasts with the staff, both as a team and with individual contributors on the team including, but not limited to, producers, reporters, anchors and editors.
• Hold a strong standard for the entire newscast and its content that aligns with audience research and needs
• Identify daily opportunities to have our news get noticed and reach new audiences
• Lead teams in the creation of unique, shareable content
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
• Work with the digital desk to identify and assign content appropriately for each platform
• Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling in crafting great newscasts
• Inspire enterprise stories and coordinate special coverage with news leadership team
• Challenge the norm
• Help create a multi-platform experience
• Work collaboratively with other managers and perform tasks as required by News Director, Digital Director, and Assistant News Director
• Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JKQGCluG