Broadcast EngineerKILT / KIKK / KKHH / KLOL / KHMX
Location: Houston - Galveston, TX
Contact Name: Audacy Inc.
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: Broadcast Engineer
Audacy Houston is looking for a talented and energetic Broadcast Engineer. You must be a “self-starter” able to work independently and fulfill responsibilities without constant supervision; with a proven track record of excellent customer service and communication skills.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 3/31/2022
Closing Date: 6/29/2022
City: Houston - 77046
What You'll Do:
• Maintain integrity of all on-air and on-line products, including high power FM, HD, AM directional antenna systems, digital audio & audio streaming
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, STL, satellite downlinks, Wide Orbit automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment. Ability to do component level troubleshooting desired.
• Install broadcast equipment at studios, transmitter sites, in company vehicles, at remote broadcast locations, and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice
• Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telephone systems, satellite, STL, computers and data networks
• Create instructional materials and teach operators to use technical equipment and systems
• Additional duties as assigned
• Availability to work various hours / days, including weekends and some holidays
• Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
• Must have a valid driver’s license and if a personal vehicle is required, insurance
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance with associates degree in electronics preferred , or minimum of two years full time hands on experience, including hands-on support of FM/AM radio transmitters including HD, and modern studio equipment at a radio station
• Familiarity with high voltage, generators, satellite downlink facilities and receivers
• Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antenna’s, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• Experience with modern digital audio systems including Wide Orbit, VoxPro and Axia Livewire is highly desirable
• Knowledge of computers and IT & Network systems.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations
• Experience in project planning, management and execution
• Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Experience with Computer based audio storage system, Scott Systems/Google/WOAFR/VoxPro preferred
• Experience with digital audio and audio streaming
• Strong verbal and writing communication skills; excellent customer service are critical
• Proven time management skills including the ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment
• Experience in project planning, management and execution
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, grasp objects and work in a physically active setting
• Availability to work various hours / days, including weekends
• Ability to provide 24x7 on-call, on-site service for studio and transmitter locations
• FCC General Class License or SBE Certifications are a plus
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; climb ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and work in a physically active setting. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Contact: Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/
Apply Online URL: https://careers-audacy.icims.com/jobs/4205/technical-engineer-nex/job
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.