Board OperatorKQXT / KAJA / KXXM / WOAI / KTKR / KRPT / KZEP
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact Name: iHeart Media
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: Board Operator
Details: Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Job Summary: Provides programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
- Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
- Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Supports off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
- Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
- Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
- Time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
- Works well in a team environment
Work Experience: 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
Education: High school graduate or G.E.D.
Certifications: None required
Location: San Antonio, TX: 20880 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 10/8/2021
Closing Date: 1/6/2022
City: San Antonio
Contact: Please click here to apply for this job.
Apply Online URL: https://iheartmedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External_iHM/job/San-Antonio-TX-Stone-Oak/Board-Operator_Req26080