Assistant Director of Photography 11449WFAA-TV
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact Name: Tegna Inc.
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: Assistant Director of Photography 11449
Primary Industry: Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Manage Others: No
Job Summary: We are looking for an energetic Assistant Director of Photography. A leader who is devoted to inspiring continued excellence from our team and has the drive for innovation in a visual medium. Our Assistant Director of Photography is responsible for working closely with our Director of Photography and other newsroom managers in developing a culture of innovative, visual content across all WFAA shows and platforms and ensuring high ethical standards, as well as high quality video and audio standards.
• Work closely with Director of Photography to help ensure all shifts and shows are filled properly.
• Coordinate with Tech/Ops team to ensure all fleet management service and safety requests are addressed in timely manner.
• Collaborate with Director of Photography to develop and refine visual standard best practices, trainings and dept. workflows.
• Track and manage gear, and equipment and supplies to address quality and safety concerns.
• Serve as point of contact, along with Tech/Ops team to maintain smooth operation of all TVU and Dejero Units.
• Work with news managers to develop and execute large scale event coverage.
• Shoot and edit stories regularly.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/9/2021
Closing Date: 1/6/2022
Experience: 5 Year(s)
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 7-10 years of experience as a TV photojournalist and news editor preferred
• Must help promote a culture of innovative storytelling
• Advanced storytelling experience required
• Must be able to tell the news story creatively with strong audio and visual skills
• Must be able to make quick decisions while working under pressured deadlines
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable, with ability to travel with short notice
• Active member of the National Press Photographers Association (NPPA) preferred
• Strong computer skills in a mobile environment required
• Must have a valid driver's license, able to lift up to 40 lbs. and occasionally up to 80 lbs. with or without an accommodation
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Heavy work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Heavy work: Involves standing, stooping, bending, using force, lifting/pushing up to 50 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JwZcCCWc