Assignment Desk ManagerKTMD Telemundo
Location: Houston, TX
Contact Name: Wil Ocasio
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 16 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 5,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group offers support to 52 affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a digital out-of-home operation that reaches consumers in 17 Hispanic markets.
Arrange and coordinate news content and interviews for producers, VJ’s, newscasts and other news programs.
• Be the contact person for community communications.
• Be backup news producer when needed.
• Coordinate and assist video journalists.
• Collaborate with producers and crew to establish live shots and remotes, and other news content.
• Work closely with producers and News Director on story/sweeps planning and coordination.
• Monitors emergency channels and news sources.
• Answer and respond to phone calls, emails, mail, and other communication methods.
• Research and organize details and facts on story ideas.
• Update and assist in providing content to station’s digital media platforms.
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• At least 2 years’ experience as an Assignment Editor.
• Must be willing to work in Houston area.
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write).
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Ability to react quickly and urgently to breaking news
• Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines.
• Ability to work long hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
• Ability to establish community and news contacts
• Operational knowledge of computer newsroom systems and Internet.
• Great phone etiquette, organizational skills, news judgment.
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking (bilingual English-Spanish preferred).
• Good overall knowledge of the Houston DMA and Hispanic community.
MUST APPLY BY USING THE LINK LISTED BELOW;