Anchor / MSJ - 12810KWES-TV
Location: Midland - Odessa, TX
Contact Name: Tegna Inc.
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Primary Industry: Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Manage Others: No
At NewsWest 9 in Midland/Odessa, Texas we are looking for an energic and involved anchor to lead our news team on the weekends. Someone who can be a leader for other reporters in the newsroom, communicate conversationally on the desk, work collaboratively with Digital Content Producers and construct great stories during the week. We’re looking for a creative, engaging, leader who will embrace the West Texas community alongside the weekday staff. The ideal candidate will be an excellent storyteller with top-notch interviewing, live, and taped reporting skills. We are seeking candidates who will collaborate with the team for the most comprehensive breaking news coverage in the market. NewsWest 9 anchors have the freedom to show-and-tell in one of the most innovative small market studios in the country.
• Anchor weekend newscasts and other newscasts to fill-in during the week as assigned
• Generate unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content
• Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
• Excellent use of social media for news gathering and community engagement
• Cultivate sources
• Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis including writing for the website, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers.
• Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, compelling stories
• Develop contacts and relationships in the community
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 4/20/2022
Closing Date: 8/17/2022
Experience: 1 Year(s)
• Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with two-years of experience preferred
• Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib
• Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills
• Ability to shoot and edit
• Knowledge of ENPS (scripting and Edius (editing) a plus
• Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
• Strong social media presence
• Specialized reporting experience (investigative) a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JQxNtsrL